Community expectations have rightly increased in the past few years, in regards to responsible environmental management. The Village Centre and Bridge Plaza are proud to say that they are well positioned to meet the challenges of changing environmental conditions and legislative requirements.
Some examples of the environmental achievements and changes that have taken place at the centres in the past few years include:
- The Village Centre proudly holds a 6 star NABERS rating and the Bridge Plaza 5 stars.
- Installation of a 100kw solar panel system at Village Centre took place in 2015, producing enough power to run 17 average homes per year, or planting 75 trees per year or, taking 122 cars off the road per year.
- Installation of waterless urinals to reduce water useage
- Reconfiguration of car park lighting and the use of electronic timers have reduced energy consumption
- Collaboration with Eurobodalla Shire Council on installation of smokers bins and litter signage
- Installation of voltage reduction units to all fluorescent lighting
- Offset emissions with the purchase of green power
- Holding an annual Enviro Expo at the centres, to promote community understanding of all things sustainable and environmentally friendly
An Enviro Expo is held in the centre each year.
Solar panels were installed on the roof of Village Centre in 2015.